Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hit Pause

So Henry and Ron are NOT headed home today, or even tomorrow. I spoke to Ron and he said that the GI doctor "got to thinking" about Henry's GJ tube and how it likes to move around on him, paired with his severe reflux, and decided on a nissen procedure afterall. Its a little befuddling to Ron and i why this was decided NOW instead of when they first arrived, as well as being decided after several days of non-activity from Henry. It's an "anticipation decision" it seems. Which is fair enough; it's my knowledge that a nissen leaves little room for failure. It literally prohibits anything from coming back up by the nature of the surgery. Period. Ron says it could happen a couple days from now and then several days of recovery and observation. This is where we're at. I'm feeling a little empty, but without any good reason, so I'll simply chalk it up to disruption of our lives and a mood. Henry's in good hands, this i know, especially having Daddy Time... Just miss my guys...

On a side note, being home with the boys has been wonderful. Sam tries my patience every day, but I can also tell (as well as being told by him) that he appreciates my return and presence. I've gotten Tommy out of the highchair and I pretty much give him everything in the exact same manner as I do Sam. I give him a fork/spoon and let him practice (with much success!). He's very good with an open cup now. He sits at the cocktail table in a little chair kitty-corner to Sam and they eat their dinner together side by side. Its so nice to see my little (middle!) guy growing up. He's so freakin HAPPY, i love his smile to pieces. I'm the luckiest Mom i know!

2 comments:

  1. I certainly hope that this procedure will enable Hank some home time for a period of time because Lord knows you all need that in a bad way. So cool that you get to be home with the boys and Ron gets to spend some quality Henry time :) And don't make my little Tommy grow up....I love him just as he is...ok, he can grow up a little bit. And Sam is adjusting to you being there daily and of course his age attributes to most of his 'trying times'. But he is so darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a huge part of that "luck," Babe. You're a great Mom.

    ReplyDelete