Monday, April 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I took a few days to go home. Henry was actually in a 'good place' to leave - stable, feeling better from his rhinovirus, and just hanging out getting IV antibiotics for a chest infection. As I've mentioned to a few people who ask how Henry is doing: Just looking at Henry's demeanor, you'd never know the little guy was sick. He's always either alert and lookin around, exercising his arms and legs, or snoozin. And occasionally, especially lately, i get a big SMILE! He never shows any sign of pain or discomfort, and that makes us feel so good to know.

I got home Thursday evening to a VERY happy and lovey-dovey Sam. Within a few minutes of walking in the door, he was telling me all about watching the Star Wars movie and showing me his lame Chewbacca impersonation (read: needs a LOT of work. haha). He seemed so different and OLDER to me. He always does when i'm gone for a while. He felt like a 7 yr old to me, not a 4 yr old. And when i put him to bed and walked thru Thom's room, and peeked into his crib where he lay sound asleep and SO CUTE, *HE* looked like a 4 yr old. How does that happen!?



The weekend was spent hanging out together - lots of playing, lots of snuggling, lots of wrestling and tickling and kissing. And sure, some reprimanding and a couple time-outs, but hey. I was able to spend a lot of 1:1 time with each boy, as well as with them both together. I was getting a total kick out of Thomas. That boy is always laughing at SOMETHING. If he's not laughing from me tickling him or flipping him over my shoulders, then he's riding in the car, looking out the window and then spontaneously starts laughing. That kid is FUNNY!! He's still not saying any distinguishable words (i was told 'uh oh' and 'wow' don't count. Booooo!), but he certainly enjoys having whole conversations in "Thom-speak." Lots of babbling, lots of giggles. No denying that kid is HAPPY.

So the reset button has definitely been pushed. I have been refreshed - spiritually, emotionally, lovingly. The roots to my well-being is my family, and when MAMA HAPPY, everyone happy! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment