Sunday, March 07, 2010

Mini Update


This past Thursday, Henry had the G-Tube surgery afterall. It's a small, simple feeding tube that now comes out of the side of his belly instead of going down his nose/mouth. First of all, its WONDERFUL to see little Hank's entire smooth face, void of tape and tubes; it's been that way since Day 2. Second, the G-Tube has a little "button" that you can turn on/off, so basically, when he's not feeding, there doesn't have to be a tube coming out of him. I particularly like this option. Right now, the whole site is healing and we have to be careful. Assuming the healing process continues to go smoothly (it already is, and it's Sunday) and Henry keeps doing well, there is an excellent chance the two of us will be headed home within a week! Keep your fingers crossed. Needless to say, such a momentous occasion will be noted in a grandiose way!

While Henry was being operated on, I had already made the decision to hop home for a couple days, in conjunction with Ron having time off, so the two events overlapped. Sam did go to school on Thursday, as usual, but that allowed me a little more 1:1 time with Thom and Ron respectively. The following day, Friday, the four of us spent it together. In the morning, i went to Wegmans and was greeted by everyone with warm hugs and smiles. It felt SO GOOD to come 'home' to my SECOND family. I can't believe i've found such an awesome place to work with such amazing, caring people. It's NICE. We even had time to meet Dad at Friendly's for a little afternoon snack. Then that night, Ron and i ventured to Rochester to catch the opening-night viewing of Alice in Wonderland in 3D IMAX! What an amazing experience. If you've never seen a 3D movie yet (and i mean the CURRENT kind, not the "It Came From Outer Space" 1950s kind), then you MUST go. And then as an added treat, try to get it in IMAX format (5 stories high). Whoa.

In the meanwhile, Sam and Thom had a WONDERFUL time with my friend Michelle and her friend Cherilynn. Sam asked me on Saturday if we could have Michelle over again some time, he liked her that much! So cute. Thom was so funny being goofy and making everyone (especially HIMSELF) laugh. Then around 10, our other friend Jason and his girlfriend Robin took over and basically kept the house warm until our return around 2. It was a REALLY NICE fun get-away evening. Much needed.

Life is about to change (...again). It's going to go from Hospital Updates to Crazy Telford House Updates. I look forward to writing about Thom's reaction to his little brother (he's never seen him yet) and maneuvering around our world with Henry. I'm scared AND excited to be coming home. What helps me immensely is knowing and thinking about ALL THE PEOPLE in our lives extending a hand. I'm often tossed the sentiment, "You're so strong, Chris. You have such a bright, positive attitude." The 'secret' is that i'm able to do that because of my support system: YOU GUYS!! So stand up straight, 'cause i just might call on you! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I will most definitely keep my fingers crossed that you guys get to come home!!!!!

    As for the IMAX thing, I tried it with Avatar. I had to leave because I got sick. :0( Maybe it's because Kristen and I got there late and had to sit up front or maybe I'm just weird. LOL

    If you need ANYTHING when you come home, please don't hesitate to ask. I can't guarantee that I'll always be avail. because of school but by all means ask!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's Christa! Anything you need, just let me know and I"ll do what I can :-) Glad to hear the family will all be home together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping you will all be under one roof real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed getting to know the boys better, but they need their mom and dad, and I need to get to Fl where I can get warm and do things with good friends. Glad to help out when needed. shirley

    ReplyDelete