Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Don't Wanna Jinx Stuff, But....

Sam is ROCKIN' OUT in the potty-training department. At least for the past 3-4 days, he's really been 'getting' it!!!! Yesterday was especially good. He kept his big boy undies (padded training pants) dry all day (barring one minor dribble) and did '#2' THREE TIMES, all three times independently, as in running over, droppin' his drawers, and doin' the deed. GOOD BOY!!!! I think we hit a milestone. I'm hoping it sticks.

Funny story: During all this, Sam's been coy with me a couple times. He'll be playing and running around, and then he'll lean over, teasingly, butt out and facing me, hip to one side, shirt lifted, head looking back at me over his shoulder (I do hope i've created a visual for you!) and say: "See my LIL BUTT?!" Then i usually say, "yes Sam... cute lil butt." But sometimes he goes on and on and i'll eventually say, "That's enough, Sam."

Yesterday i was putting dishes away, not facing him. He says, "Mom, come wipe my BUTT!" Me: "What did you say to me Sam?" Sam: "Come wipe my BUTT!" Me: "Sam, that's enough, please don't talk to me that way." Sam: "MOM - COME WIPE MY BUTT!" This time, he's yelling FROM the potty in the other room. His first "request" was a way of telling me he was on his way! OMG, i laughed so hard. And here i thought he was doing more of his teasing. He can bark THIS particular order at me ANY DAY if it means i don't have to change messy pants!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment