Saturday, November 08, 2008

Christmas Junkie

Somehow, probably not surprisingly or uniquely, Christmas turned into my favorite holiday. I can't even really think of any special family traditions, or specific memories, but there is something about getting a Charlie Brown tree (a tradition since I've live in this house, and especially now that i have a family) and dragging out all the decorations that i've gathered through the years that really puts me in GREAT spirits. It's not even the "gift thing." I could honestly care less about that; I've never really been good at thinking up the perfect gift (my friend Amanda was born with this gene!), nor do i crave receiving them. But finding the perfect little "something" that says CHRISTMAS to me really gets me excited.

THAT IS WHY I have to share with you my latest find at Target! Yes, this was mass-produced, and i would love to have found it hand-made somewhere, but i didn't, and when i saw this, my heart melted. Not only am i fond of LITTLE BOXES with tiny little knobs (i focused an entire Wood Class assignment on this very subject at Alfred. My teacher Tom Lacagnina thought i was nuts!), but it's a COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS with little nooks (I love nooks!) to put TINY LITTLE GIFTIES IN! Oh my God, i'm in heaven. And I'm going to put Sam in heaven with this thing as well. I've already bought (and inserted!) some of the goodies. Not all candy, mind you. Some are little ornaments that he can hang on the tree. Some are chocolate. There is a wicked cute clip-on puppy dog hiding behind TALL Door 24. I haven't figured out what to put behind Door 25. Ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I bet Hallmark has a Thomas ornament. On our kids tree we still put up shaun's power ranger. Ellie

    ReplyDelete