Friday, March 20, 2009

Catbus

Sammy, you ARE AN ARTIST!!!

This evening, I was cleaning off the porch and Sam was running around with sidewalk chalk, creating masterpieces in front of our house. Just before i went in to check on a waking Thomas, Sam said, "Wait... Mom... come look first."

Sam drew CATBUS! Catbus is from a Japanese Anime we watch sometimes called "My Neighbor Totoro." It's a cute little story. Catbus is just that: a great big cat that has a bunch of legs and he's shaped like a bus! He's not as creepy as it may sound.

I gotta tell you, i was VERY IMPRESSED. This is Sam's first drawing that 'resembles' something he's trying to convey. Up til now, its been scribbles and lines - all with very detailed descriptions, which of course we humour. I love that he draws and that his imagination's fast at work. But this time - - well, he got the shape of a bus WITH LEGS!

I love ya, Bubs... I love ya a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe his next masterpiece will be Thomas the Tank Engine on pop-pop's porch sidewalk?

    ReplyDelete