Thursday, March 05, 2009

Can You Tell Me How to Get

How to get to SESAME STREET LIVE!
We took Sam last night. This was his first "event." I wasn't sure how he'd take it all, but he did GREAT. We kept the whole night a surprise. I think he was FINALLY onto us when we walked into the Clemens Center and there were a TON of other kiddies with their moms/dads. When we got to our seat (which rocked - great view!), i said, "So Sam... have you figured it out yet?"
"What?"
"Do you know where you are?"
"No... um... Elmo?"
"Yeah... you're going to watch Sesame Street on that stage!"
"HOORAY!!!!"

While Ron conked out (yes, he really did, at least off and on), I watched the show (pretty amusing) and watched Sam watching the show. For the most part, he was very absorbed, but every now and then, he burst out with his numbers or letters on cue (8 and J for the night). Half way thru the first portion, he said he had to go #2. We were smack in the middle of the row, so after a bunch of "excuse me, pardon me"s, we get to the toilet to have him say, "my belly stopped rumbling." Typical toddler. He never did go.

Then the dreaded (that's how *I* view it) intermission. Here come the dudes with cotton candy, a gigantic bundle of Elmo balloons and whirly gigs spinny light things. We didn't cave. Afterall, folks, it would have all lost its novelty 2 minutes after the show (if that!). I saw one mom struggling to hold her 16 mo old in one arm, deflated Elmo balloon smashed underneathe, whirly gig toy hanging. As an alternative, i'll boast, i proactively packed a juicebox, some teddy grahams, and Sam was good to go. He did, however, remind us in the morning that we did NOT get him an Elmo balloon and that made him very upset. Whatever, kid.

My little boy was getting tired soon into the second half, asking me often "What time are we going home?" He then snuggled on my lap for some of it. Ron tried to convince him of the importance of a nap earlier in the day (haha), but it all caught up with him.

Thom, you may be wondering, was left in the wonderful motherly hands of my friend Kathy, who i think might have really enjoyed a baby fix. I'm sure he showered her with his lovingly flirty smiles and coos.

A great night. I'm glad we did it. And i have to admit, I was rather amused (and impressed!) with Bert's rendition of Tony Manero's dance scene from Saturday Night Fever. He had it GOIN' OWWWHHNNNN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment