Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Whirlwind...

A lot going on in the Telford Home.

As many of you know, my mom, Pat, passed away of a sudden heart attack on Sept. 12, a day after my last post. It was as 'unexpected' as can be expected, given her health condition - a ton of meds for diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure. It's been a little over 2 weeks now, and some days it feel like its been years, and others, i start to pick up the phone to call her about something. I miss her very much. While my mom's life was extremely limited physically, it was not affected intellectually or emotionally, and I'll miss having Our Conversations. She loved watching me be a mom of now TWO boys. Luckily, she was able to see and hold Tom, who was one month old the day she died.

Two days before Mom passed, my father returned home from a 9 day stint in Arnot Hospital's ICU with blood clots in his legs and on his lungs. That was completely unexpected as well, given his activity level, quite the opposite of Mom's. He is doing well now, but is still not out of the woods, as his doctor in NY is always monitoring his blood levels and tweaking his Rx.

There is much to do. As I type this, my family and Dad are spending a week at the house in VA to power clean it out, readying it for sale later (but soon). Mom was very slowly doing this, but just not at the speed we are. We're being rather agressive with clean out, with Dad's blessing. At the end of the week, we are having an estate sale. Wish us luck. I'm going to suggest the money we make go into the "Maine Vacation Fund."

Speaking of which... i still very much want, and plan to, add vacation pics from this summer on Keuka lake. There are some really good ones! Just haven't found the time. I also have a couple other pics from a few other events (Bacchus Day, as well as Dan's wedding)... again, need to find some time to sit down and upload.

Thank you to everyone who reads this and already knew about Mom and have sent condolences and sympathies. Your friendship means a lot to me (us) and I try never to take you all for granted. None of us know when "our time" will be up. Get your "I love you"s out TODAY - don't wait!

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking a lot about Sam and glad to hear he's doing well in a home with other children. I'm interested in finding out how you got the place for him.
    Glad things are going well in the sorting job and readying for the sale. Hope the weathers nice and you have lots of people come.
    lOVE, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I was so saddened to hear about the passing of your mom. My thoughts are with you, and I hope you're doing as well as can be expected... sounds like you're surrounded by some great family members which I'm sure helps!

    And, what a beautiful photo you chose of your mom for the blog ~ I see so much of you in that photo!

    Be well~
    Kristen (KC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat...my long-ago "therapist"...my "sister"...my friend. I weep at your passing.
    Love, Marge

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is such a beautiful photo of your mom. Thanks for sharing your thoughts right now. I am sure it is difficult. Good luck with the house cleaning and estate sale. I am thinking of you guys, and excited to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris,

    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. While not completely unexpected, it is still a shock to lose someone so close. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your faimly now.

    I have to echo Kristen on the picture of your mom. I can so see you.

    many hugs,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete