Thursday, June 26, 2008

Preggers Update

Somehow I've managed to go almost the whole 9 months with little to no updates on our pregnancy. Maybe this is the norm, with our second kiddo and all. ;-)

Things have progressed smoothly with no complications. While i was spared many of the common 'side affects' such as morning sickness (only had 'evening queasies') and varicose veins (negative), bulging belly button (negative), splotchy skin or acne (neg and neg - thank GOD, had the zits with Sam) as well as a few others, I have experienced some discomfort, especially now that we are down the homestretch.

Finding a comfortable sleeping position is a challenge, but not that it really matters since actual SLEEPING is so foreign to me. I'm up and down all night. In fact, i'm still walking around coherently thanks to the mid-day naps i squeeze in when i'm not at work. I also find that a lot of my energy is sucked dry and by 5pm, i'm a shell of exhaustion. i do think some of this has to do with being overweight. I can't even chalk it up to "having an active toddler" as Sam is not that much of a burden. I do not have to CARRY him everywhere and he's pretty easy going. He is, however, having a wonderful time clawing at and growling at my belly, being Papa Dinosaur.


I've decided to have a planned repeat c-section, after a great amount of thought, consideration and at times, angst and frustration of thinking about trying the 'natural' way this time around. Sam was an emergency c-section, and I've weighed all the pros and cons, as well as talking with my doc and midwives. Due to the scar on my uterus from Sam's c-section, I'm just not going to take the risk of a VBAC (look it up). It's an odd feeling to KNOW that i'm going in for surgery to remove this baby; everything happened at lightening speed with Sam, and i had very little time to feel disappointed or like a 'failure.' This time, i've had time to THINK about that notion, and decided months ago to stop beating myself up. In the long run, no one cares HOW our Bun makes it into this world - just as long as s/he and I make it to the smiling stages immediately following. Recovery might be rough, but i have vowed to ask for help a lot more, especially now that I DO have a toddler to challenge my strength.

Anyhoo... the next update will most likely be the BIRTH - - scheduled August 14. We do not know if it will be a boy or girl. I had a dream a month ago it was a girl - a pretty vivid dream, i might add. So who knows. I can easily picture Sam as a big bro to either a boy or a girl. Either will certainly give him a run for the money; I'll make SURE of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment