Wednesday, May 17, 2006

No pics this time - boo hiss

Well, for those of you logging in now and then, i apologize for the lag in new entries. I was a little disheartened to LOSE our digital camera's memory stick on the way to Wegmans to load our April stash onto a disk. It didn't help that i went to the YMCA between home and my destination, so i have no idea where it went. For all i know, it could be tucked into the nooks n crannies of my Ford wagon, but i haven't taken the time to check THOROUGHLY. Alas...

For now, as a pictureless entry, i will update our goings-on.

Sam turned 6 mos. old yesterday! He is steadily eating solids (fruits and veggies and cereal, oh my!) and growing stronger. He desperately wants to crawl; I'm saying this cuz when i lay him on his tummy, all four limbs go flailing in a "I wanna crawl!" kinda way - but he stays put. That still seems to make him happy. We've started putting him in his "Johnny Jumper" bouncy contraption that hangs on a door jamb and he is in HEAVEN! He catches some pretty decent airtime in that thing, its SO fun to watch. I've never seen a kid smile so much and so long when he's in it. If he turns out bowlegged, it'll still be worth it.

I had a fun little mini-revelation in Wegmans today. I walked by a display of kids books in the baby section, and one of them was called "Baby Signs." Re: teaching sign language to babies and toddlers 6-8 mos. and older. Never too young to start, really. This is something that i'm very interested in doing, and i plan to start with some very simple words soon. My revelation was this: it's going to be a REAL TRIP, in the best possible way, when Sam communicates BACK to me. He is "talking" with me and Ron TONS now, of course, through coos and grunts and growls and laughter. But the day that he actually signs the word "mom" or "more" or something else i teach him, i'm going to tell the world!!! Then again, i'm told you can't shut a 2 yr old up. To that i say: BRING IT ON! Ron and i both can't wait to experience the world all over again in a new way, thru the eyes of our child.

In signing out, i'll say this: PICS FORTHCOMING. I bought a new stick and its almost full.

No comments:

Post a Comment