Sunday, May 21, 2006

More Art

Here are two recent projects I've done for Wegmans.

The photo one was easy and fun - AND I got to incorporate pictures of Sam and our dogs! Quite honestly, i have no idea how effective the sign is - i personally think it is too high up for customers to even notice, not to mention it seems a little SELF-EXPLANATORY. One goes to the counter for service. But anyhoo - job security!

The other was more challenging and more out of my "comfort zone." I was going for an old Paris painting kind of effect, especially to coordinate with the product, so i dug out some pastel chalk that my coworker uses on very rare occasion. The first end result did not please me and so i tossed in some thick black lines for drama. VOILA! The outcome really pleased me and its gotten a few compliments. I don't consider pastels a medium i'm good with, but in a rough Parisian kinda way (ha!), i guess i can pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment