Tuesday, February 08, 2011

A Scarf for the Special Olympics


I got wind of The 2011 Scarf Project from a friend on Facebook. I was inspired to dig out, from the depths of my cobwebby mind, my crocheting skills and make a scarf, DANGIT! My mom taught me how to do it eons ago and the last time i crocheted anything was a gigantic blanket circa 1994. Eek!

Well, it turns out, it's just like riding a bike (with some help from a coupla YouTube videos!) and in no time, i single-crocheted a scarf in the designated colors, took a pic of my mug all wrapped up in it, and mailed 'er off to the scarf collecting crew in Virginia. I picked VA because they had a later deadline, there wasn't a NY one, and well - shoot - it's my home state! I'm glad to have been a small part of such a wonderful organized event, 40+ yrs strong! Good luck, athletes. Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment