Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Circus Came to Town!


... Not that anyone in this town would KNOW. It was the most UN-ADVERTISED circus i had ever NOT seen. I didn't hear about it on the radio, see it on the t.v. or read about it in the paper (I *DO* actually read the paper on break at work).

So, you may wonder, how exactly DID i hear about it? Well, we can put our hands together for Shirley, who heard about it on her end in Owego/Candor.

The circus came to Elmira's First Arena. It was hosted by the Kalurah Shriners located in Endicott, NY. They had two shows going on, and Shirley, Sam and I opted for the 11am show vs. the 7pm. This was both Sam's and my first circus! I know - i'm 38. Unless Dad can tell me otherwise, i had never been, to my recollection. I was a little excited myself!

Speaking of Dad, he stayed home with Thomas while Ron had to go to work.


LIONS AND TIGERS AND BE... well... ELEPHANTS! All three were there. Sam loved the elephants. Besides the animals, there were trapeze ladies, swinging and twirling on ropes or rings. There was a

lady and a man on a tight rope. There was a gal riding a few different mini ponies. There were three older ladies (triplets?) who did tricks and a fashion show with poodles, sometimes puppies (or miniatures) or sometimes adult dogs. They were just FUN. There was a gal that balanced stuff on her chin while she climbed a tall ladder. There were men that balanced on a board that teetered on a tube. I'm sure i'm forgetting something. It was the circus. Popcorn and clowns TA BOOT!

Sam only got a little restless in some points, considering the show went on during his normal nap hours. He conked on the ride home. Nanny Shirley had a good time too. Many thanks to her for treating Sam and I to such a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like SUCH great fun!! Way to go, Nanna!!

    ReplyDelete