Friday, March 07, 2008

Trusty ol' Perky

Every time i make a pot of coffee in this lil cutie, i'm reminded of two things. 1) how i want to highlight her on the blog (CHECK!) and 2) [and the reason for number 1] how I've had her for 20 years next year. 20 YEARS! For a running, working coffee pot.

My parents got it for me for my freshman year of college. I've never really been a coffee drinker in the way that some people NEED coffee. I simply enjoy the taste. In fact, most of the time, i brew one scoop of flavored with three scoops of decaf. Sacrilege!

Perky probably received the most continued use in my senior year of college. But not by me; by my roommate Kerry. We were both preparing our senior art shows (the Mother of Proving One's Purpose for the Past Four Years) and spending many late nights and odd hours at our respective studios. Ours were across campus from one another. I must say here, she was highly devoted to the preparation of her show. Much more than i was, though i did come through nicely in the end (like i always seem to do). I'd be curious to know just how many pots of coffee Perky made for Kerry. I know she was lovingly abused to her greatest four-pot potential, that's for sure!

Thanks, Perky, for years of loyal service and pots of delicious brew!

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed yhe coffee too, especially in the A.M. when Sam awoke me and said it was time to rise. Gramma

    ReplyDelete