Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happy 2nd Anniversary to Us!

This is 10 days late, but better late than never.

Ron surprised me this year with his creativity. He told me earlier in the week that he had something planned and so i let him fly with it. Our friend Autumn came over to watch Sam, and Ron and i "gussied" up. Right before we left, he appeared with a vase full of fresh cut flowers from our gardens and says, "i called the place we are going and they don't have fresh flowers on the table
so we're going to bring these." That made me smile. It made me WONDER, but it made me smile.

We ended up near the mall and the next thing i know, Ron is pulling up to the Wendy's drive-thru. Big grins from both of us for different reasons. He orders two baked potatoes with chives. We pay and pull out. He drives over to the Barnes &
Noble Bookstore and parks.

Now I'm REALLY intrigued.

We get out of the car and Ron starts pulling all this stuff out of the back of the wagon; a cooler, a couple Wegmans bags with stuff. He takes my hand and we walk inside. We sit down and he tells me that he called the store manager a couple days ago to ask permission that
we have dinner in their cafe, the place where Ron and i met on our first date.

How stinkin' ROMANTIC!

He had prepared a large delicious salad, grilled asparagus (that the dude working the cafe nuked for us!) accompanied by a yummy HOT baked potato from Wendy's. He packed dinnerware from our home and purchased flavored teas from the bar. I was so impressed and touched.

It was a really nice dinner. We only got looks from one lady (ha!). We topped off everything with a sinful chocolate something or another that was really yummy. I think there were Oreo cookies on it too!

We concluded the evening with a drive-in double feature of "Transformers" and "Evan Almighty." Of course we only got thru the first movie, and even then it wasn't very good. Sure, the chick was hot and the Transformers themselves were CGI-cool, but the plot was ridiculous.

(Right before the movie, on the side of the road, we looked over and saw two people hang gliding. I went ballistic! That is one thing i HAVE to do before i die. I'm going to do it for my 40th birthday. It was so cool to watch. It's easily got to be the closest thing to feeling like a bird... ahhh...)

Happy Anniversary, my dear Ron! Here's to many many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment