Monday, July 19, 2010

Tommy Time

Our little bugger Thomas Magnum, who'll be two in one month (!), has been sprouting like a weed! Mostly in the word department. As a few of you know, he's been a touch delayed in speaking and communicating. There was concern at one point for hearing loss, but i never fully bought that theory. It seems that Thom just wanted to take his sweet ol' time in talking and lately he's been on a real ROLL. Now, just about every word i toss his way and ask him to say, he repeats with almost complete success, barring a consonant here or there. And once he gets the word, he likes to say it OVER AND OVER AND OVER, which is just fine with me. The other day, Sam and his little neighborhood buddies collected a heap of little crab apples from a nearby tree and left them in the middle of our sidewalk. Thom found them during a casual walk around the property and for 10 minutes straight he brought me EACH APPLE saying "AAH-poohl, aah-poohl."



Other words/phrases, for documentation purposes: "More, please" (complete with sign language), "I'll get it," Car, the letters R, V, B, O, I (knows them and can pick them out and say them), Eye (pointing), YUM, Baby, Bye, Goggles, GO!, Water, Book, CHEESE (both the food and the picture-taking magical word!), Shoes... I think that's most of them, for now at least.

Best Buddies

He's been mimicking Samson like no tomorrow. The good, bad and ugly, of course. But Sam's been a decent sport in sticking to the GOOD, especially when he knows Thom (AND MOMMY) are watching. I did catch Sam flying and diving from the couch arms onto the cushions, but i stopped that in a hurry. Thom has certainly tested his own waters and ended up with a slammed noggin or bumped knee, but I introduced him to the "kiss the boo-boo" thing and now he's milkin' that one for all it's worth. Again - fine by me. I've got only so much time where that works, is cute, and he loves it. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my handsome little Tommy...I laughed so hard I cried, literally, at his video. I HAVE to come see those boys soon. Email me a schedule so we can figure it out. I knew he wasn't hard of hearing. That day I watched him and Sam, he heard every word we said and you could tell when he chose to 'ignore' us lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice picture of the two loving brothers. Good picture of both of them. I like seeing Sam smile happily.
    I've had a father/son team doing jobs/fixits so will come over after I get back from the operas.

    ReplyDelete