Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Um - Just About the Best Cookie Swap EVAHHH!!!

Ladies - we've outdone ourselves this year!!

Sunday, my gal-pals and i had our annual Christmas Cookie Swap party, which i hosted at our house. Each of us bakes a decent sized batch of our favorite cookies and then we lay them out on the table and go around and gather our own big assortment for the holidays. No two were alike and we had a TON to choose from and everything looked

amazing! The pics don't do them justice. This year, instead of baking 2 BIG batches, I chose to bake about 4-5 regular size batches. I had aspirations of baking a bunch of my favorites from my cookie books, but ended up tweaking and having fun with a few different 'packaged' mixes.

I doctored up a chocolate chip one by adding Heath bar morsels, peanuts and cranberries (YUM!). Ron, Sam and I cut out gingerbreads and i iced them with white icing (each gal got a big gingerbread lady!). Pam made little "hamburgers" which Sam is, of course, enamored with. Just really really awesome. The 'sad' part is that our family (including Shirley AND Tommy) are PLOWING thru the stash. It's just way too easy to reach for a cookie or two (or 4 or 5) when you've got a hankerin'. I'll probably be baking again before Christmas, especially to give to the teachers at Sam's school.

Happy Yummy Holidays, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I love the picture of the boys in the sleigh w/Sam sending a kiss. Could I have a copy of that please? There was another one that I wanted too, but didn't find it when I went through. Thanks, Shirley

    ReplyDelete