Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Day at the Beach

Ron's 'refound' friend Kathy, from college, and her son Zach, invited our family, for the day on Tuesday, to their cottage rental right on

Lake Erie outside Buffalo. We headed up Monday night, spent the night, and headed to the beach bright and early Tuesday morning. Not quite the crack of dawn, but i'm pretty sure we were set up, blanket and umbrella, by 10am.

Thom, unsurprisingly, was a dream, hanging out in the shade. We sprayed the boys with sunscreen and let them go to town in the sand! I personally enjoyed the whole scene for the "best of both worlds" of it. I like the beach at the ocean for the sand and the "feel" but i don't like swimming due to the abrasive salt water (so irritating!). But this is FRESH LAKE WATER! I was in heaven. The water was knee or waist high most of the way, for at least 50 yards. We hung out on the beach, watching it fill up with college kids by noon. The kids escaped burn-free, but my back got pink and Kathy got RED. Eek. What a gorgeous day though. Sun, warm, breeze, no clouds. Thank you so much, Kathy, for your hospitality and generosity. You ROCK!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. I grew up ten minutes from Sunset Beach! My family from Buffalo would rent cottages there quite often. My beach is called Point Breeze beach and I literally spent every summer day from 9am to 5pm there. I miss those days. Glad you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete