Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Family Fun Favorite!

It’s time, once again (long overdue, in fact) for some more Sammy-isms.

In the car:
“Hey Mom… what makes white?”
“Wow Sam… um… well… white is actually an anomaly. Can you say that word? White is the closeted fourth primary color.”

“Sammy… now you tell Mommy a story.”
“Um… Thomas. The end.”

Sam watching me get ready for work in the morning:
“Mom… you don’t wanna go to work but you hafta?”

… and, relatedly:

“Sam… I want you to help Mommy and pick up all these toys and put them in the blue bucket. Thank you.”
“Nope. I don’t wanna and I don’t HAFTA! HA HA.” (the “ha ha” at the end is said quite mockingly and quite “end of story”ish)

“Mom… someday I’m going to play baseball and you and Nanny and Pop-Pop and Daddy and Tommy and Beegsley and Zappy and Red Fish and Blue Fish are all going to come!”

“I have this many babies in my belly.” (holds up all 10 fingers)

Me, driving, avoiding a minor accident: “WATCH IT LADY!”
Sam: “No… if someone stops in front of you and you don’t like it you say “C’MON DUDE!” (that, in reference to previous outbursts from me about bad drivers.)

“Mom, I have a undea (read: ‘an idea’ – which I’ve since gotten him to say correctly)
“What’s that, Sam?”
“Cookies are yummy.”
Or
“It’s snowing.”
Or
“I went to the potty yesterday. You proud of me?”

“Food makes poop.”

“Hey Mom… you remember my friend Bock O’Bama?”

... more to come!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Loved LOVED this post! SO funny! My favorite quote? "Food makes poop."

    ReplyDelete